Who can get involved in the study?
IT’S OPEN TO EVERYONE
Take part in one of our surveys to enter our prize draws
Every participant has a MONTHLY chance to win their choice of a $400 gift card to BCF, TackleWorld or another fishing-related business of their choice that provides gift card/vouchers, PLUS entry to our grand prize pool of 14 prizes valued at $6,000 in total — even if they’ve already won!
ROUND 3 PRIZE DRAWS
WHO WON IN THE MAY 25 DRAW?
WHO WON IN THE FEBRUARY 14 DRAW?
ROUND 3 MONTHLY WINNERS
10 AUGUST 2020
K.Gourlay from Launceston, TAS
Current Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
Entry into the prize draw is determined by the following conditions:
- completion of any survey (online or with a returned paper survey) held as part of the National Recreational Fishing Survey between July 10th 2020 and August 31st 2021;
- selection of ‘yes’ to the opt in prize draw entry question within the survey and;
- provision of valid contact details in the survey (i.e. phone number, email or postal address) which allows the University of Canberra to contact winners.
Everyone aged 18 or older who meets these conditions will be eligible to enter the draw to win prizes in (i) monthly prize draws and (ii) an overall prize draw, as follows:
- Monthly prize draws: There will be 11 monthly draws in total. There will be a single prize each month with one winner selected randomly. Winners will have their choice of a gift card to the value of $400 to BCF, TackleWorld or another fishing-related business of their choice that provides gift card/vouchers.
- The first six monthly prizes will be drawn at 2pm on the second Monday of each month from 10 August 2020 to 11 January 2021. All those who have completed any survey held as part of the National Recreational Fishing Survey at any point from 10 July 2020 and 11.59pm of the previous Friday of each draw and have met all other conditions of entry are eligible for entry into the monthly prize draws (excluding previous monthly prize draw winners within this draw). The closing dates for entry into the first six prize draws will be at 11.59pm on: 7 August, 11 September, 9 October, 6 November, 11 December 2020 and 8 January 2021.
- The seventh monthly prize will be drawn at 2pm on 1 March 2021. All those who have completed any survey held as part of the National Recreational Fishing Survey at any point from 10 July 2020 and 11.59pm of 28 February 2021 and have met all other conditions of entry are eligible for entry into the monthly prize draw (excluding previous monthly prize draw winners within this draw). The closing date for the seventh prize draw will be 11.59pm on 28 February 2021.
- The eight to eleventh monthly prizes will be drawn at 2pm on the first Monday of each month from 5 April to 5 July 2021. All those who have completed any survey held as part of the National Recreational Fishing Survey at any point between July 10th 2020 and 11.59pm the previous Friday of each draw are eligible for entry into the monthly prize draw (excluding previous monthly prize draw winners within this draw). The closing dates for entry into the eighth to eleventh prize draws will be at 11.59pm on: 2 April, 30 April, 4 June and 2 July 2021.
- Grand prize: Drawn 2pm September 6th 2021.
All those who have completed any survey held as part of the National Recreational Fishing Survey between July 10th 2020 and 11.59pm August 31st 2021 and have met all other conditions of entry are eligible for entry into the grand prize draw (including previous winners of monthly prize draws) for one of 14 prizes to the total prize pool value of $6000. Winners will have their choice of gift card to WISH, Coles-Myer, Bunnings, Flight Centre, BCF, TackleWorld or a fishing-related business of their choice that provides gift card/vouchers with the follow values: First prize: $2000; second prize: $1000; third & forth prize: $500; 10 runner-up prizes of $200.
Monthly and Grand prizes can be transferred to another person; however prizes cannot be exchanged for cash, or cannot be resold to another party. All prizes will be drawn at the Health Research Institute, Building 23, University Drive South, Bruce, ACT, 2617. The winner will be notified in writing, by email or phone, within two working days of the prize draw and listed on www.nationalrecsurvey.com.au. All prize winners will be listed in The Advertiser newspaper on September 27th 2021. The minimum age of prize draw participants is 18 years. Survey promoter: University of Canberra. Contact agent: Dr Jacki Schirmer, Associate Professor, University of Canberra, Building 23, University Drive South, Bruce ACT 2617, ABN 81 633 873 422. Phone 1800 981 499. Any prize redraw will occur at 2pm at least 3 months after the original draw is advertised so as to give winners sufficient time to collect their prize (any monthly prize redraws required will take place on 10 November & 14 December 2020, 12 January, 9 February, 15 March, 12 April, 1 June, 5 July, 3 August, 7 September, and 5 October 2021. Any grand prize redraws will take place on 6 December 2021. Redraws will take place at the same location as the original draw, with all winners of redraws notified by email or phone within two working days of the draw and listed on www.nationalrecsurvey.com.au within two working days of the redraw. All winners of redraws, if any redraws are necessary, will be listed in The Advertiser newspaper January 21st 2022.
Authorised under permit numbers: T20/779 (South Australia), TP 20_00884 (ACT), TP/00028 (New South Wales and Northern Territory).
ROUND 2 PRIZE DRAWS
CONGRATULATIONS to our MAJOR PRIZE WINNER
R.Richardson from Mount Gambier, SA
who has won a $5,000 fishing trip!
2ND Prize — $600 AFTA Tackle Pack
T.Holmes from Bushland Beach, QLD
10 Runner ups — $200 tackle packs
M.Saunders from Hobart, TAS
A.Gunn from Wootha, QLD
J.Franco from Waroona, WA
G.Pugh from Bawley Point, NSW
R.Henkey from Runaway Bay, QLD
C.Jackson from Doncaster East, VIC
K.Bayliss from Goonellabah, NSW
I.Gabriel from Leeton, NSW
J.Pemberton from Fitzroy, VIC
M.Futterleib from Fairfield, NSW
Thank you to all the Aussie fishers who participated in our survey.
ROUND 2 WEEKLY PRIZE WINNERS
$600 prize pack from AFTA and their generous members.
22 MAY 2020
G. Giagnori from Malua Bay, NSW
15 MAY 2020
A.Gladman from Drysdale, VIC
8 MAY 2020
C. McGurk from Onslow, WA
1 MAY 2020
V. Alexander from Landsdale, WA
24 APRIL 2020
B. Luff from Yass, NSW.
17 APRIL 2020
S. Chapman from Yinnar, VIC
9 APRIL 2020
P. Nixon from VIC
3 APRIL 2020
J. McCall from QLD
27 MARCH 2020
C. Brettschneider from NSW
20 MARCH 2020
S. Washington from SA
13 MARCH 2020
S. Alessi from NSW
06 MARCH 2020
P. Carter from VIC
28 FEB 2020
G. Moussa from NT
24 FEB 2020
J. Grant from NSW
Winners are contacted by email. Permit number – LTPS/20/42375
ROUND 2 MONTHLY PRIZE WINNERS
WEEKEND GETAWAY to a total value of $1,800. The winner will be able to choose between one of three coastal communities — Batemans Bay NSW, Kangaroo Island SA, or Lakes Entrance VIC.
15 MAY 2020
J.Odlander from Willow Vale, QLD
17 APRIL 2020
K. Franks from Bidwill, NSW
20 MARCH 2020
K. Maltby from NSW
Authorised under permit numbers: T20/187 (South Australia), TP 20/00203 (ACT), LTPS/20/42084 (New South Wales & Northern Territory).
Congratulations to the winners of the National Recreational Fishing Survey major prize draw for those who participated in the survey by 14 February, drawn 2pm 28 February 2020 at University of Canberra, Building 22/23B, ACT.
Winners have the choice of the following gift cards:
Flight Centre, Coles-Myer, WISH or Bunnings.
First Prize $2000 gift card
T. Nicholls (NSW)
Second prize $1000 gift card
A. Hawken (Vic).
Third to sixth Prizes $500
C. Cleminson (Tas)
N. Harper (Tas)
J. Higgins (NSW)
T. Franzen (NSW)
Ten runner up prizes $100 gift cards
J. Connell (Vic)
D. Long (NSW)
T. Biber (NSW)
C. Saint-Piaf (Vic)
J. Pettifer (Vic)
F. Yates (WA)
G. Simonis (NSW)
R. Thompson (WA)
J. Olafsen (SA)
G. Nourse (SA)
All winners have been contacted by email or post.
T19/1373 (South Australia), TP 19_03997 (ACT), NSW_LTPS-19-37237 (New South Wales & Northern Territory).